Many organizations are in the process of deploying AI applications into production. A major concern is how to make sure that the algorithms are trustworthy. Because AI models are new, there is no well-established framework yet to provide such guarantee to users and decision makers.
The EU made progress on this topic with the publication of the Assessment list for Trustworthy AI (ALTAI). The list contains seven categories of questions that help verify the quality of the algorithms.
1. human agency and oversight
2. technical robustness and safety
3. privacy and data governance
5. diversity, non-discrimination and fairness
6. environmental and societal well-being